Last Updated 25 May 2018
General Data Protection Regulations
Here at Osprey Housing we take your privacy seriously; we will only use your personal information to
administer your tenancy and provide the services you have requested from us. Below is a link to our
Policy Link (PDF)
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
- when you apply for housing with us, become a tenant, request services/ repairs, enter in to a factoring
agreement with ourselves howsoever arising or otherwise provide us with your personal details
- when you apply to become a member;
- from your use of our online services, whether to report any tenancy/ factor related issues, make a complaint or
- from your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, payment card numbers, employment details,
benefit entitlement and any other income and expenditure related information).
We collect the following information about you:
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- National Insurance Number;
- Next of Kin.
We receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/ Universal Credit
- Payments made by you to us;
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract
with us, including information obtained from Police Scotland and other partner agencies (Social work, Support
- Reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and
complaints of anti-social behaviour
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application, tenancy related queries and complaints
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business
and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our or supplies which may affect you;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
- to contact you for your views on our products and services.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by
our employees within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for
us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed
to our new business partners or owners;
- If we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor;
- If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, Local Authority
departments, Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the
complaint or otherwise;
- If we are updating a change of tenancy, your information may be disclosed to third parties when you move in/out
(such as utility companies and Local Authority);
- If we are investigating payments received or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors,
Local Authority and the Department of Work & Pensions;
- If we are conducting a survey of our products and/ or service, your information may be disclosed to third
parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you
provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is
A copy is available on request or via our website – www.ospreyhousing.org.uk
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally
required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of your we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at email@example.com
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in
relation to our use of your information.
The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001